Job Title: Senior Allocator
Job Reports to: Merchandise Director/Merch Planner
Job Level: Specialist, Manager Department: Merchandising
< Role Mission>
The Allocator ensures the company’s key asset, inventory, is directed to stores in the right volumes and at the right time to optimize revenues and profitability. They develop and maintain optimum store inventory levels, monitor store performance and determine proper replenishment to satisfy each store by gender, category, style and size requirements.
< Key Process Accountabilities>
1. Manage Allocation + Replnishment
- Develop and execute initial allocation and ongoing replenishment of product to all assigned stores detailed in the sales forecast by the Merchandise Planner.
- Manages replenishment within published standards and proactively makes adjustments based on sales trends, seasonality, visual merchandising strategies and business needs.
-Communicates replenishment plans with Distribution & Logistics teams and ensures plans are executed in full and on time
2. Inventory Management
-Focus on Top 25 options per gender and target a 90% in-stock rate of those SKUs
-Responsible for monitoring product performance at the store level and recommends transfers or consolidations within published guidelines.
-Responsible for Excess and EOL(End of Line) inventory to maximize liquidation/ sharing to other countries/ offering available options for massive event sales according to seasonal sales forecast implemented by Merch Planner.
- Keep track of store capacity and target a 95% of relevant stock
3. Event Management
-Responsible for event/atrium inventory planning and replenish sufficient stock before event starts
-Communication with sales team to understand store situation and fully support in store event/atrium
-Responsible for Dept mall Planning and Inventory
-Work closely with Dept. Online Mall Sales specialist and Merch planner to achieve Dept mall revenue target
-Review retail inventory and execute rebalancing
Deliverables and Indicators (KPIs)：
• Together with Merchandise Planner, develop allocation parameters that take into account store capacity, sales trends, visual merchandising and product lifecycles
• Develop and communicate weekly sales and inventory reports to identify top stores and products, underperforming stores and products, missed product opportunities and provide suggested actions
• Ensures forward planning is in place to support revenue targets and planned promotions
• Communicates replenishment plans with Distribution & Logistics teams and ensures plans are executed in full and on time
• Approach all tasks with the consumer in mind, ensuring we continue exciting our consumers in store
• Degree in Logistics / Business Statistics/ Retail Management or equivalent.
• 3+ years in allocation and/or planning within a direct to consumer environment
• Ability to successfully communicate cross-culturally
• Familiar with standard allocation concepts and procedures
• Understanding of market competition, consumer and market trends
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel. Power Point, Word). Advance knowledge of Excel is required
• Ability to effectively manage others
• Proven ability to successfully work in a highly cross-functional matrix environment.
• Ability to travel as required.